Get Help

Last Reviewed: October, 2023 Reviewed by: JES

How Do I Get Help? 

There are many ways to find out more about how to proceed with your administrative law complaint, dispute, appeal or legal problem.

To start, you should learn more about the tribunal or regulatory agency that will handle your issue. Search the BC Admin Law Directory of Tribunals and Agencies to identify the right organization and learn about their dispute resolution process. Visit their website to learn more about their specific processes. They may also have recommendations for where you can get legal help.

The information below describes some organizations or services that may be able to help you with your administrative law matter. These services have their own specializations.

Legal Information, Advice & Advocacy Services

Povnet - Find an advocate

Find a legal advice or representation organization near you.

Access Pro Bono BC

Access Pro Bono provides a lawyer referral service and several legal advice programs to people of all income levels. Some services are for a fee, and some for a fee depending on your income qualification.

Community Legal Assistance Society

The Community Law Program at CLAS provides legal assistance to low- and modest-income British Columbians with problems in the areas of work-related legal issues, human rights, access to government benefits, housing evictions, and mental health.

CLAS can provide legal advice and representation in the areas of:

They may also be able to help with judicial reviews in the same areas. 

UBC Law Students Legal Advice Program

LSLAP is a non-profit society run by law students at the UBC Faculty of Law. Law students provide free legal advice and representation to clients who would otherwise be unable to afford legal assistance. LSLAP legal advice clinics are located throughout the Lower Mainland.

The LSLAP Manual is a wide-ranging guide to law and legal services in British Columbia. 

University of Victoria Law Centre

A service of the University of Victoria Faculty of Law, the Law Centre provides legal advice, assistance and representation to residents of the Capital Regional District who cannot afford a lawyer.

SeniorsFirst BC

Information, advocacy and support for BC seniors.

  • Elder Law Clinic: Free legal advice to eligible seniors residing in BC on a wide range of legal matters.
  • Legal Advocacy Program: Assistance for eligible seniors on issues such as housing, debt, and benefits.

Tenant Resource & Advisory Centre (TRAC)

TRAC provides legal information on their website for tenants to learn about their rights and responsibilities when renting. They also have a Tenant Infoline which can provide free legal information and referral services. Their Housing Law Clinic can provide free legal advie and/or representation in certain cases. 

Disability Alliance BC

Advocates at the Disability Alliance BC help people with disabilities to apply for and appeal denials of BC disability benefits and Medical services and supplies provided by the BC Ministry of Social Development to recipients.

Justice Access Centres

The Justice Access Centres (JAC) in Vancouver and Nanaimo provide legal information, referrals to other services, and limited legal advice in these administrative law areas: employment, housing, income (including social benefit programs), immigration, and human rights issues.


The MOSAIC Legal Advocacy Program provides immigrants and refugees with summary advice, referrals and/or representation on Immigration and citizenship, Disability benefits; Employment insurance; Employment Standards and other related issues; and Residential landlord and tenancy issues.

Together Against Poverty Society (TAPS)

TAPS in Victoria provides free one-on-one legal advocacy and/or representation in matters that involve disability benefits, income assistance, employment standards and residential tenancy.

Migrant Workers Centre BC

The Migrant Workers Centre BC is a non-profit organization that provides free legal advocacy and other services to migrant workers in BC.

Immigrant & Refugee Clinic

Legal advice, information and representation for refugees and migrants. 

BC Public Interest Advocacy Centre

The BC Public Interest Advocacy Centre provides legal representation to groups that would not otherwise have the resources to advance issues of major public concern.


Legal Information Online


Clicklaw is a website that features legal information and education from more than 24 public legal education contributors. The resources available through Clicklaw were designed to be used by the public and those helping the public access legal information. Clicklaw: Solve Problems. Find Help.

Dial a Law

Dial-A-Law is a collection of 130+ legal scripts prepared by lawyers. It offers general information on a variety of administrative law topics on law in British Columbia.  Dial-A-Law is accessible via by phone: call 604-687-4680 (Greater Vancouver) or toll-free 1-800-565-5297; or online: https://dialalaw.peopleslawschool.cag

Need Legal Help?

LIVEMon - Fri  
11 AM - 2 PM
Call or Text Free